To provide a safe and enjoyable environment for our volunteers, visitors and exhibitors the following rules and regulations will be in effect for the Manheim Farm Show.
• No scooters, roller blades, skateboards, or pets/dogs allowed on the Farm Show Grounds.
• Each exhibitor must first register and receive his or her number which will be used on all of his or her entries throughout the Farm Show.
• Prize winners must collect their money any time after 6:00 p.m. Friday evening, in the Farm Show Building, or Saturday a.m. between 8:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.
• Exhibits must remain in place until closing time or exhibitor will not be permitted to show in next year’s show.
1. All exhibitors are entered free unless otherwise specified under each department.
2. Each exhibitor shall have grown or produced the article exhibited, unless otherwise specified.
3. Each exhibitor should give the class, variety and name of his or her exhibits to the committee in charge upon entering the article.
4. An exhibitor will not receive more than one premium, in any particular class, or subdivision of a class.
5. Each exhibitor will take his or her exhibit directly to the department after obtaining entry number.
6. An exhibit entered in one class cannot compete in another class, unless otherwise specified. No exhibitor may compete with himself or herself in any class or subdivision of a class.
7. No discriminating marking shall be left on any article exhibited in competition until after judging. Exhibit cards will be furnished.
8. All livestock entries close at the time specified in each department. Livestock entries to be made in writing. Address all entries to Department Chairman unless otherwise specified.
9. All exhibits will be entered on Sunday, from 2:00-5:00 p.m., and Monday from 7:00-10:00 a.m. except the following Departments:
Art, models and woodwork entered Sunday 2:00-5:00 p.m. only.
Baked Goods — Monday, 7:00-9:00 p.m., Tuesday from 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
10. Ribbon premium will be given on those articles exhibited that are not classified in the premium list — subject to the decision of the judges.
11. When there is no competition in a class or subdivision of a class the exhibitor shall receive ribbon merited, and prize money as listed in the premium list. The judges may withhold any premium for a lack of merit or may award second, third, fourth or fifth premium only if deemed best.
12. Ribbons will be awarded on all placings as called for in the premium list, provided the exhibit merits a placing.
13. An article on display cannot be removed before 8:30 p.m. Friday. Exhibits in the Farm Show Building may be removed 8:00 a.m. to noon, Saturday or Monday, 8:00 a.m. to noon & 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. NO SUNDAY PICKUP.
14. All exhibits not called for by 6:00 p.m. Monday, after the Show, will become property of the Fair, and will be disposed of.
15. Label all baskets, bags, crates, etc. that will be left at the Fair for the return of the desired products.
16. The management will take every precaution in its power for the safe preservation of stock and articles on exhibition after their arrival and arrangement upon the grounds, but will not be responsible for any loss, damage or accident that may occur. Any persons detected purloining or injuring them will be dealt with according to the law.
17. Competition in the various departments is open to exhibits as specified under the general rules and regulations and the special rules given under each department.
18. No concessionaires or gambling will be permitted at the exhibition of the M.C.F.S. No person, firm or corporation shall sell, solicit sales of, offer for sale or otherwise dispose of stock or securities of any corporation, concern or organization of any name or character, during the exhibition.
19. All refreshment rights are reserved for civic or community groups.
20. Committee chairman may refuse any entries not worthy of exhibition. Decision of Committee chairman is final.
21. No one is permitted to spend the night on the Farm Show Grounds.