Our volunteers are preparing for the 2019 Manheim Farm Show!
Mark Your Calendars for the 2019 Manheim Farm Show Oct 7-11, 2019
The 2019 Premium Book will be available online here, at local businesses and in the Merchandiser the third week of August
NEW COMPETITIONS and EVENTS FOR 2019
Note: MCSD has NO SCHOOL DAYS off during our 2019 Manheim Farm Show
Thanks to all our 2018 volunteers, exhibitors, auction bidders & buyers and visitors.
What a 2018 Manheim Farm Show Week!
The mission of the Manheim Community Farm Show is to promote agriculture, crafts and competition in a friendly environment that encourages family values and cooperation. Consider what we believe to be the positive strengths of the Manheim Community Farm Show:
- Farm Show creates the opportunity for neighbors to meet neighbors and old friends, which is something desperately needed in our society.
- Food stands earned over $120,000 profit last year that stayed right here to help our community no-profit organizations.
- It gives the youth opportunity to “learn and earn” from their 4-H and FFA animal projects. Over $240,000 was raised this year to help provide youth with a solid financial start in agriculture.
- Volunteers have to work together over 10,000 hours during the week, building relationships, meeting new people and developing a sense of community.
- Thousands of people enjoy seeing agriculture and domestic displays in a wholesome atmosphere.
- The Manheim FFA Children’s Farm Show and TSC Discover Dairy is a great opportunity for the community to learn about our “Farm To Fork” agriculture system.
- Giving Back: The Manheim Food Pantry is supported by the Manheim Young Farmer Food Drive during Farm Show week and the “door step” pick up during the parade Wednesday night. This year more than 24,246 lbs pounds of meat was donated through the Friday night Youth Livestock Sale of livestock to the Central PA Food Bank and the Manheim Food Pantry. We are grateful for your past support and invite you to join us for the next Manheim Community Farm Show. Glenn Stoltzfus, President of The Manheim Community Farm Show
ABOUT the Manheim Community Farm Show
The Manheim Farm Show grounds are located at 502 Adele Avenue (next to Manheim Central High School) , while food stands are located along the avenue in the vicinity of Manheim Central High School Rettew Field and Veterans Memorial Park. Its annual date is set as the first full week of October the week following the New Holland Fair. Admission and parking are free.
Manheim’s present-day Farm Show was launched in the early ’50s, when the Community Farm Show Association was reorganized (for a second time). According to the book, Manheim Revisited, the tradition of holding a Farm Show in Manheim dates to the 1920s when it was first held in the basement of the Waughtel Moving Picture House on West Ferdinand Street. Two years later, large tents set up on Market Square played host to the show.
Click this link to learn more about our history: 50 Year History Manheim Farm Show 2003 by D Dourte
SPECIAL THANKS to the twelve Manheim Central senior and junior volunteers AND to our Boy Scout Eagle candidate and his troop for their volunteer service at the Farm Show .