62nd Annual Manheim Community Farm Show
October 5-9, 2015
Exciting news! Brittany Balmer was named first alternate at the coronation banquet at the PSACF State Fair Queen Contest on January 24, 2015. 59 local fair queens from throughout the state compete in State Fair Queen competition. The Queen is from York County Fair. Brittany will go to PA ag events when the queen is unavailable and she will receive a $1,000.00 monetary award as well- not to mention that huge crown!!
Brittany worked very hard to prepare for this event and we could not be more proud of her accomplishment!
- Farm Show creates the opportunity for neighbors to meet neighbors and old friends, which is something desperately needed in our society.
- Food stands earned over $107,000 profit last year that stayed right here to help our community.
- It gives the youth opportunity to earn money from their animal projects. Over $154,000 was raised last year to help with college, education or provide youth with a financial start.
- Volunteers have to work together over 5,000 hours during the week, building relationships, meeting new people and developing a sense of community.
- Thousands of people enjoy seeing agriculture and domestic displays in a wholesome atmosphere.
- The Manheim FFA Children’s Farm Show is a great opportunity for the community to learn about the “Farm To Fork” agriculture system.